- This small shawl is knit from the center back of the neck down to the bottom edge. The upper body is worked first, followed by the upper border, the lower border, and then the bottom edge.
- This project is suitable for an adventurous beginner or intermediate knitter. It is knit entirely from charts which show both the right and wrong side rows. To complete the shawl you will need only one skein of Karabella Lace Mohair or one, 2-ounce ball of Jagger Spun Zephyr. It’s a great one-skein wonder.
- The Upper Border uses a stitch pattern that combines stockinette stitch, reverse stockinette stitch, and nupps. Nupps resemble flat bobbles and are worked by increasing into a stitch on the right-side and then purling 5 stitches together on the wrong side. You can chose to eliminate the nupps altogether or substitute beads in place of the nupps. The different effects are show below (click on the photos to enlarge them).
- The green shawl with the nupps was knit from Karabella Lace Mohair.
- The blue shawl was knit from Zephyr Wool-Silk and the nupps were replaced by beads which were placed using the crochet hook method. The bead are size 8/0 and were purchased from Earth Faire.
- The size of the finished shawl measures approximately 60 inches across the wingspan and 30 inches down the center back. The pattern includes instructions on how to make the shawl larger.
Once you have completed the payment process, you will automatically receive an email containing instructions on how to download the pattern. These instructions will be sent to the primary email address tied to your PayPal account so please check that email account. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the file. If you do not have the reader, you can download it here
Please do not violate my copyright. This pattern is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not reproduce the pattern for distribution, sale, or any other purpose. Finished items made from this pattern may not be sold. All pictures, patterns, text and content on this page are the sole property of Susan Pierce Lawrence. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website (e.g., text, photos, etc.) is strictly prohibited.
comments off Susan