- Lace knitting is addictive. Many knitters, however, have never tried lace knitting or become discouraged because the project they chose is not suitable for a beginner.
- I have written this pattern for beginning lace knitters; particularly those who have previously been unsuccessful at knitting triangular shawls.
- More experienced lace knitters will find this pattern perfect for quick gifts. Or, if you like, choose a finer-gauge yarn and knit a larger shawl.
- The pattern contains comprehensive information on knitting lace, including tips on choosing yarn and needles, avoiding and fixing mistakes, and swatching for lace projects.
- Both written instructions and charts are included; you choose which method you prefer.
- The shawl is knit entirely in one piece from the nape of the neck down to the bottom edge.
- The stitch pattern is easily memorized after just a few repeats, making this a great take-along project.
- This project is a one-skein wonder and can be completed from just one skein of Mountain Colors Weaver’s Wool Quarters. The sample shawl was knit from the “Sierra” colorway on size U.S. 8 (5mm) needles.
The pattern is 6 pages long and must be printed in “landscape” mode. Once you have completed the payment process, you will automatically receive an email containing instructions on how to download the pattern. These instructions will be sent to the primary email address tied to your PayPal account so please check that email account. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the file. If you do not have the reader, you can download it here
The cost of the pattern is $6.50 and all payments must be made through PayPal. To purchase the pattern, simply click on the link below:
Please do not violate my copyright. This pattern is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not reproduce the pattern for distribution, sale, or any other purpose. Finished items made from this pattern may not be sold.
All pictures, patterns, text and content on this page are the sole property of Susan Pierce Lawrence. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website (e.g., text, photos, etc.) is strictly prohibited.
comments off Susan