These mitts were born when I found a skein of decadent angora yarn in my stash and needed a pattern that used only one skein. They are worked in the round from the fingers down to the cuffs with a roomy afterthought thumb. Instructions are given for both a long and a short cuff. The wrist is shaped by changing the size of the needle. The simple, mirrored lace pattern is presented in both chart form and written instructions; you choose the method you prefer. They are quick and easy to make.
- Yarn Used: 1 ball Angora Extra or Louisa Harding Kimono Angora Pure
- Yarn Substitutes: I strongly encourage you to use the suggested yarn. But, Classic Elite Lush, Frog Tree sport-weight alpaca, and Rowan Kid Classic are good substitutes.
- Gauge: Approximately 18 sts/26 rows = 4 inches [10 cm] in stockinette stitch worked in the round on size 4.5mm needles.
- Size: Worked at the suggested gauge and after a firm blocking, the finished mitts are 8â€”9.5 inches long and measure approx. 7.5 inches in circumference. They will fit a womanâ€™s size small/medium hand. The size can be altered slightly during blocking or you can use a larger or smaller needle to obtain a looser or tighter gauge.
- Techniques: Channel Island cast on; picot bind off; easy lace; afterthought thumb
Once you have completed the payment process, you will automatically receive an email containing instructions on how to download the pattern. These instructions will be sent to the primary email address tied to your PayPal account so please check that email account. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the file. If you do not have the reader, you can download it hereThe cost of the pattern is $5.00 and all payments must be made through PayPal. To purchase the pattern, simply click on the link below:
Please do not violate my copyright. This pattern is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not reproduce the pattern for distribution, sale, or any other purpose. Finished items made from this pattern may not be sold.All pictures, patterns, text and content on this page are the sole property of Susan Pierce Lawrence. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website (e.g., text, photos, etc.) is strictly prohibited.
comments off Susan